If you are a grantmaker or philanthropist who wants to learn more about human rights and human rights funding, IHRFG can be a tremendous resource. As part of our network, you can meet and network with grantmakers with a wide range of philanthropic interests and expertise. Our network includes funders at various levels of experience, including those who are expert as well as those who are new to human rights and human rights funding. A list of resources available to IHRFG members can be found here.
WHO CAN JOIN
IHRFG membership is open to staff, consultants and trustees of:
- private foundations
- private – corporate foundations and corporate giving programs
- private – quasi-corporate foundations
- private – family foundations
- individual philanthropists with significant giving programs
- public foundations whose primary activity is grantmaking and who do not relate to other IHRFG members primarily as grant-seekers. Organizations with dual grantmaking and grantseeking functions must devote at least 50% of their budget to grantmaking or awards to be eligible for participation
- public – community foundations
- public – women’s funds
- donor-advised funds
- collaborative funds
- quasi-governmental foundations
- operating foundations
- philanthropic consultancy, support, advisory, and hosting organizations
- grantmaker affinity groups
For a glossary of philanthropic terms, visit the Council on Foundations website.
*Please note: Staff of grantmaking institutions (that are also grant-seeking organizations) whose functions are solely or primarily fundraising are not eligible for participation.
IHRFG membership dues are voluntary, apply to member institutions and individual philanthropists, and are based on giving capacity. While we strongly encourage the contribution of dues, the full benefits of IHRFG membership remain open to all grantmakers, regardless of contribution. Our dues form can be found here.
HOW TO JOIN
To join the International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG), please complete a membership application. We will review all applications for membership and may contact you for more information.
For more information, contact Sarah Tansey, Program Associate, at stansey[at]ihrfg[dot]org or + 1.646.381.7582.
c/o Liquidnet, Inc.
498 Seventh Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, New York 10018
Fax: + 1.646.381.7587
The International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG) is a global network of donors and grantmakers committed to advancing human rights around the world through effective philanthropy.