Sigrid Rausing Trust
SRT is a UK grantmaking foundation, founded in 1995 by Sigrid Rausing to support human rights globally.
Its guiding principles are:
- The Trust recognises the essential role of core funding.
- It looks for good and effective leadership.
- It is flexible and responsive to needs and opportunities.
- It values clarity and brevity in applications and reports.
- It establishes long term relationships with grantees.
Human Rights Program Mission
The Trust runs nine programmes:
Advocacy, Research and Litigation
Detention, Torture and Death Penalty
Human Rights Defenders
Xenophobia and Intolerance
Transparency and Accountability
It also funds two regional programmes: the Strategic Fund for Turkey, and the Angelica Foundation for Mexico.
It runs its own regional programme to encourage democracy and human rights in the MENA region; the Middle East & North Africa Strategic Fund.
Last Updated: Sep 10, 2014
c/o Liquidnet, Inc.
498 Seventh Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, New York 10018
Fax: + 1.646.381.7587
The International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG) is a global network of donors and grantmakers committed to advancing human rights around the world through effective philanthropy.